Only selected builders are invited to work with the Urban Innovation Homes team. When you engage these builders your fee includes: design management, soil tests, structural engineering, sustainability advice and energy rating, and drawings and specification completed to usual building permit standard. Also included is an allowance for you to engage an independent quantity surveyor or choose from some we can recommend, to independently verify the builders monthly project claims.
The town planning application process is difficult to price so is usually excluded.
Your house design will generally include the following sustainability features, amongst other initiatives:
- 15,000+ litre underground rainwater tank connected to toilets, laundry trough, washing machine, dishwasher, and shower. Kitchen sink and basins are connected to mains water
- Min R4 ceiling insulation
- Thermal mass that absorbs heat to keep you warmer at night in winter and cooler during the day in summer – naturally
- Double glazed windows with high performance insulating glasses and frames
- Attractive incorporated awning blinds to shade windows externally
- Solar HWS
- European appliances – oven, cooktop, ranghood. Energy and water efficient dishwasher (4 star energy, 4 star water)
- Water efficient plumbing fixtures – 4 star toilet, 3 star shower roses, 5 star basin, 4 star kitchen taps
- Energy efficient light fittings
- Energy efficient gas space heating or hydronic heating
- Exposed polished concrete floors in living and halls. Carpet in bedrooms.
- Low maintenance recycled Modwood or equivalent decking – staining not required
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) adhesives, paints, joinery, trims, carpets
- No rainforest timbers
That is our price and inclusions. After that you start getting discounts on your home loans (eg Bank Mecu’s 0.25% reduction on home loan rates for 7 star or greater houses) and big discounts on your heating and cooling energy use bills. Call us to discuss further!